Thursday, July 30, 2009

5 Reasons Why I Hate Swimming Suit Shopping

The older I get the more I hate looking for a new swimming suit (I'm sure a lot of people can relate). That's why I have put if off for about four years. The reason why I finally had to break down and go by a new one is because I'm taking the Beehives to Bear Lake this weekend, and my old suit is well.......shall we say not as appropriate as it should be. So on Monday Jaxon, Brynly and I set out to go find a new and modest swimming suit. It was a very long and painful experience and I'm pretty sure this swimming suit is going to last me for the rest of my life. Therefore my five reasons I hate swimming suit shopping.
1. Everyone that works in the store is a super-model and looks great in a swimming suit. (Where do they get these people?)
2. Who do these swimming suits fit? They sure don't fit me!
3. I have failed as a mother, Jaxon and Brynly think one-pieces are ugly and I should go for the string bikini.
4. Why do all the ugly board-shorts fit me, but the cute ones don't?
5. I hate gravity!!!!

Thanks to 2 brutally honest children, I finally found one that pretty much fit, and shorts and a tank top so I don't scare away the beach crowd.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's not as bad as you make it sound. The kids told me all about it. They're pretty funny. Wait till you get my age and you can buy the "miracle suit". You only need pliers and a hoist to get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little annoyed that I'm just discovering your blog. Not sure where I've been. One thing that really bothers me about swimming suits is how expensive they are. Seriously, that much for a tiny piece of material? I highly recommend the MODBE suits. I know what you mean about gravity. It's just wrong and I'm only 29!

    ReplyDelete