Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Lewiston 4th of July

Mom always takes great pictures of the grand kids


Phil right before he hit one of his many home runs (:



I'm pretty sure this picture is on mom's blog, but she's SO CUTE!




Phil is letting Molly have a taste of the Otter Pops!!





This picture is right before Brynly put Molly in the "choker" hold.








I love the Lewiston 4Th of July, it's like Christmas in the summertime. My friends from college always wondered why I love Lewiston so much. They should come to a 4Th of July celebration and they would understand. First we start off with a hearty fireman's breakfast (can't celebrate on a empty stomach). Next is the huge (I'd say even bigger then the Parade of Roses) Lewiston parade, where Phil and I.....well mostly me try to keep our kids out of the way so they don't get flattened by the floats. Then, of course, we need to eat again, so over to the park for games, rides and FOOD. As well as a lot of chatting with old friends and family. For those who aren't really into relaxing on the fourth (that would be my husband), there is the 3 on 3 basketball and the softball tournament. Phil really enjoys putting on the softball tournament so we've been doing that for the past four years. It's fun but it's a lot of work and I'm hoping to talk him out of it for next year. So far I'm losing the battle, but I've got a whole year of persuasion, and I don't give up easily! After the fun and games is the final finale, the "Lewiston Fireworks". Now I wouldn't compare it with the "Stadium of Fire" (we couldn't get the Jonas Brothers to come this year), but it's fireworks!
The fourth of July was always my favorite summer event growing up. I always hated to miss it. I think I have already trained Jaxon and Brynly to feel the same way. They really seemed to enjoy the fourth. The rides at the park were their favorite. They would have done that all day if mom and dad kept forking out the money. It was a great day, although it seemed to fly by. Thankfully Mom got some pictures because I am still forgetting to bring my camera everywhere I go. Thanks Mom!

















No comments:

Post a Comment