Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Bite Me" Health Insurance

I am at the end of my rope with health insurance. Here are my reasons:
1. It's too expensive
2. There's no maternity in Utah unless you work for a company that has it in their health care benefits
3. They put you through the ringer when trying to renew and get a lower monthly premium.
4. The customer service people are idiots!
5. It's way too expensive.
6. Did I mention that the customer service people are idiots?

Since my health insurance has just sky-rocketed to a ridiculous level I've considered getting a job with health benefits, since my husbands job offers none. Unfortunetly in this economy I think it's easier said then done. Therefore my next plan would be to apply for nursing school. I've been toying with this idea for a long time and I'm still indecisive. I would like to go back to school because I feel like my brain is turning to mush. "Thomas the Train" books don't really do it for me anymore. My biggest hangup is I have two cute little kids(and hopefully more someday) that I don't think I could bear to leave while I go back to school. So if anyone knows how to cheat the Health Care System let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I think that the indicision is probably your answer for now. You could try CHIP but I don't think that covers you. There's always medicaid but you'd have to sell your house and some vehicals and you know how I feel about the medicaid system. I know it's crappy. Maybe Obama will come through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move to Canada. Its free up there (after you've been in the country for 13 months, of course.)

    I agree with you completely. The system just sucks.

    By the way, how did I not know you had a blog?!!! Thank goodness Grandma Audrey talks so much or I wouldn't know anything about anyone in this family.

    ReplyDelete